April showers bring May flowers, and May flowers bring one of our favorite holidays of the year – Mother’s Day! What better way to show your love and appreciation for all the moms, grandmas, stepmoms, aunts, and more in your life than helping your littles create Mother’s Day crafts for kids that the moms in your life are sure to love!
There are so many options when it comes to deciding the perfect Mother’s Day crafts for kids, but we know just how important it is to create something that is both meaningful and personal. In this blog, we’ll cover some of our favorite Mother’s Day crafts for kids to give you an idea of just how much fun you can have with your kiddos creating something special for all the moms in your family’s life. Some of our favorites include:
1. Mess-Free Painting! While crafting is fun, sometimes the cleanup makes it almost not worth it. If you’re trying to avoid a big crafting mess this year, you’ll want to check out this mess-free painting idea from The Best Ideas for Kids. This is a great craft for little ones working on their fine motor skills, and as promised, it’s even mess-free! Check it out, here!
2. Footprint Love! Especially if you have a new baby in the family who isn’t quite up to creating their own art this year, check out the many ways to make a cute canvas with their hands and feet. Not only is it a sweet way to remember just how tiny they were, it’s also a simple craft for parents and caretakers to make. All you need is a canvas, a bottle of acrylic paint, a thick paintbrush for writing the letters (or wooden letters), and the little feet and hands of your baby. Check out many styles and how-tos here. Image Source
Or you can help the moms in your life remember just how tiny the babies once were for years to come with a Little Prints Kit from Birthday Keepsakes. They will love having a record the size of their tiny hands and feet.
3. Flower Power! Nearly all moms love flowers, right? So why not make her some that will last longer than a week? These Tissue Paper Flowers are easy to make and beautiful, and require only a few materials, which means they cost a lot less than the flowers you’ll find at a flower shop. This is one of the many fun Mother’s Day crafts for kids that can be taken in many directions depending on the ages and abilities of your children.
4. A Mother’s Day Keepsake! If your kiddos are a bit older and up for more of a challenge, check out these Tissue Paper Stained Glass Jars! They make beautiful candle holders and flower vases that moms are sure to love!
5. Painted Pots! Painting pots is one of the many great garden-related Mother’s Day crafts for kids of all ages! All you need is a small terracotta pot (or several), some acrylic paints, and a paintbrush. There are several ways for your kids to go about this artistic activity, but regardless of which direction they take, the moms in your life will love this thoughtful gift. Be sure to wipe down the pot with a wet washcloth before beginning and let it dry fully before starting. Use acrylic paints in a variety of colors to make the pots stand out. After the pots are dried, finish the project by planting some of her favorite flowers, or fill it with special gifts like new gardening gloves, flower seeds, or even a gift card to her favorite gardening center. Check out this great how-to from Fun Learning for Kids for this craft and many other fun ideas!
Need something else to complete your Mother’s Day gift?! Consider getting her what she really wants, a gift certificate to Birthday Keepsakes. She can pick out her favorite one-of-a-kind personalized keepsake to help her mark the years and remember this precious time. Coupled with your kid’s handcrafted masterpiece, she will feel extra special this Mother’s Day!
And in case we don’t get the chance to tell you, Happy Mother’s Day to all the special women out there who help make the world go ‘round. We appreciate all you do to raise the next generation of wonderful humans.